The Saint Ambrose Athletic Boosters is a volunteer fundraising organization to benefit the athletic programs at St. Ambrose Catholic Parish in Brunswick, Ohio. Through our fundraising efforts, we are able to support high quality sport programs at St. Ambrose.
Membership meetings are held on the first Monday of each month, except in July in the Lehner Center at 7:00 pm. Membership consists of all families whose children participate in the sport programs facilitated by the Athletic Boosters and those interested in promoting Catholic values in sports.
Children from our neighboring Catholic parishes, St. Colette, St. Martin of Tours, Holy Martyrs, Our Lady of Grace, St. Francis and St. Emilian are welcome to participate in our sport programs.
Fall Sports Sign-Up
The 2013-2014 Fall Sport Programs (Boys Football, Girls Cheerleading, Girls Volleyball and Boys/Girls Cross Country) signups will be held on:
- TUESDAY, MAY 28
from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM on the SCHOOL FIRST FLOOR. If you are interested, please complete the Fall Sport Season Registration Form , current CYO physical exam form and payment and contact the Athletic Department. Drop all items in the GOLD slot on the beige barn on St. Ambrose property behind the rectory.
- Boys Football – $125.00
- Girls Volleyball – $125.00
- Boys/Girls Cross Country – $50.00
- Girls Cheerleading – $50.00
Cash or check made payable to: St. Ambrose Athletic Boosters.
REQUIREMENT: A current physical exam (date of exam must take player through 2013-14 sport seasons) on a CYO Physical Form must be presented along with fees at the time of registration to be placed on the roster. Having the physical exam done at the time of fall sport signups will fulfill this requirement.
Contact information: Jim Lepi, Athletic Director at 330-273-1801.
Physical Exam Dates
The sports physical exam date for ALL 2013-2014 sports programs will be:
- TUESDAY, MAY 28 at 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM at the SCHOOL FIRST FLOOR.
Fee is $10 per physical exam payable by cash or check made payable to: St. Ambrose Athletic Boosters. This exam will carry the player through the entire 2013-14 sport programs. Please download the two page CYO Physical Exam form below and bring the completed form to the exam.
If you want to coach (head or assistant coach) in any St. Ambrose Athletic Boosters sport program during the 2012-13 sport year, you must submit a COACHES APPLICATION form to Jim Lepi, Athletic Director prior to that particular sport season. Drop the completed application in the Gold Mail Slot on the Beige Barn on the St. Ambrose property.
Procedures to be able to coach:
1. The Diocese of Cleveland require all persons who volunteer and spend 4 hours or more per month with children have a background check (fingerprinting). and be VIRTUS trained. Please call Michele Sumner at 330-460-7300 to schedule an appointment. The background check and fingerprinting are free of charge. To be able to coach, you must complete a St. Ambrose Volunteer Packet. The packet can be obtained through Michele Sumner. Virtus Training start at 7:00 PM and are held at St. Ambrose, unless otherwise noted. Check with Michele for specific locations: The dates are:
- Saturday, June 8, 2013 @ 1:00 PM
- Thursday, June 20, 2013
- Tuesday, July 2, 2013
- Thursday, July 18, 2013
- Saturday, August 10, 2013 @ 1:00 PM
- Tuesday, August 20, 2013
- Thursday, September 19, 2013
- Tuesday, October 15, 2013
- Wednesday, November 20, 2013
- Tuesday, December 10, 2013
2. The Diocese of Cleveland require all persons who volunteer and spend 4 hours or more per month with children be VIRTUS trained.
3.To be able to coach, you must attend a CYO Coaches Development Class to become certified prior to coaching. Once you are certified, it is a lifetime certification. You must register for a class online at: Cleveland Catholic Charities CYO, click on CYO Athletic website, then click on Coaches Development. The CYO Athletic Office does accept payment online by credit card for the $30.00 registration fee. Any questions, contact Jim Lepi, Athletic Director for St. Ambrose Boosters, at 330-273-1801.
Jim Lepi, Athletic Director at 330-273-1801.
A CYO PHYSICAL EXAM FORM IS THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE FORM. Download a copy of the form. Please note: This is a 2 – page form.
Each child of a family who are not registered St. Ambrose Parish parishioners and belong to St. Colette, St. Martin of Tours, Holy Martyrs, Our Lady of Grace, St. Francis or St. Emilian must complete and have their parish pastor sign a CYO Eligibility Request Form. This form must be submitted by dropping it in the gold mail slot on the beige barn. The child will not be placed on the roster until this form is received.
Booster Meeting Minutes:
The booster meeting minutes below are in Microsoft Word (DOC) format.
Parents Code of Conduct:
I will enjoy my child’s opportunity to experience the benefits of sport.
I will trust in my child’s ability to have fun as well as to perform and achieve excellence on his/her own.
I will help my child to learn the right lessons from winning and losing and from individual accomplishments and mistakes.
I will respect my child’s teammates and fellow parents as well as the players, parents and coaches from opposing team.
I will give only encouragement and applaud only positive accomplishments whether for my child, his/her teammates, their opponents or the officials.
I will respect my child’s coach and support his/her efforts.
I will not instruct from the sidelines.
I will insure that my child will attend all games and practices possible, and when not possible, I agree to inform the coach in advance.
I will respect all facilities made available so my child can play games and practice his/her sport.
I will respect any equipment or uniform that may be issued to my child so that he/she can participate.
I will respect the officials and their authority during games.
I will never demonstrate threatening or abusive behavior or use foul language.
I will be responsible to report to CYO any perceived misconduct by coach, player, parent or official so it can be dealt with in the appropriate manner.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by rules and guidelines listed above, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
- First Offense – Verbal warning by official, site director, and /or CYO representative.
- Second Offense (during the same game) – Parental game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file by organizations involved.
- Third Offense (during same season for that sport) – Parent and child (or children) will be removed from program.